Beans stew is a popular meal in Ghana. it is popularly known as “red red” and mostly prepared with palm oil but instead of palm oil, we will be using coconut oil. The coconut oil add more flavor and it smells so good
black eye beans
- soak beans in water overnight
- cook beans until soft , drain the water and set it aside
- blend onion, pepper and fresh tomatoes
- Add oil to a pot, add onion and fry for about 2 mins
- Add fish powder and stir for another 2 mins.
- Add blended onion, pepper and tomatoes. Let that cook for about 10 mins and add 1 tablespoon of tin tomatoes
- season to taste and then add cooked beans. You can add a little or more water depending on how thick you want it. Let that simmer for about 15 minutes and your beans is ready to serve
Serve beans stew with fried plantain or rice.