Homemade plantain chips are so addictive!
I don’t have self control when it comes to plantain chips. Anytime i make it, it feels like a trap, i keep eating and eating and eating…….. i only stop when it is all finished !
TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE PLANTAIN CHIPS
- Use salt water instead of sprinkling salt directly on it when you are done. Using salt water ensures that the salt is evenly distributed.
- Slice plantain using mandoline slicer or a grater. This ensures that the slices are even.
- Do not gather sliced plantains and place them into the oil at once else they stick together and become soft . Place them in the oil one after the other
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel the plantains and remove the entire skin with your hands
- Slice the plantains using a grater or mandoline slicer
- Mix a quarter of water with salt.
- Place coconut oil in a frying pan and heat for about 5 mins. Add two tablespoons of salt water and place the plantain slices one after the other
- Gentle stir the plantain so it doesn’t burn.
- Let it cool before you enjoy
Note: You can store plantain in an airtight container